December 16, 2017, 10:34:04 am

Author Topic: Mala GPR  (Read 1174 times)

sheldius

Mala GPR
« on: January 08, 2015, 07:56:09 pm »
Looking over the archaeofusion manual and it looks really great. I will start using it for my gradiometer/magnetometer data processing. 

Unfortunately I noted two things that currently will stop me from being able to use it for my GPR processing.  First, it doesn't look like there is support of the Mala GPR systems, and that is the GPR I have the most available.  Second, nearly all my surveys have starts and stops in the same transect. Is it possible to have one file run part of a transect line and a second finish the line with a blank gap in between?  I work mainly in forest and jungle conditions.

I can provide some simple Mala X3M data from a short practice grid if that would help get Mala GPR support.

William Johnston

Re: Mala GPR
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 09:46:10 am »
Well I looked into that. The trouble was that the Mala GPR raw data that I looking at was encrypted. Now it was shoddily encrypted and so I  was able to break the code. However, I can't be sure if each Mala GPR unit encrypts the data with the same code. It might be that each Mala GPR unit uses a different code based on the serial number of the machine or something like that. Anyway, I couldn't be sure so I didn't include the Mala GPR parser with the program.

sheldius

Re: Mala GPR
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 11:16:03 pm »
OK, thank you.  I do know that there are both .rad and .rd3 files along with a marker file for each transect instead of a single file as there is with other GPR types.

If you still have that other Mala data I would be happy to send you data from my survey so you could check the encryption on mine with the other.

* Users Map

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal